We would love to have you visit the Playhouse but please schedule and confirm your visit by calling 608-709-1411 or emailing email@example.com before coming by.
Our group programming is still virtual and you can RSVP in the calendar below.
GiGi’s Playhouse Madison • 4104 Monona Drive, Madison, WI 53716
Virtual GiGi’s Kitchen Adult @ 5 pm ET/4 pm CT/2 pm PT
May 5 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
This is an online session.
This program serves adults 18+
The GiGi’s Playhouse Annapolis cooking team are excited to see you all! Today we will be working on our food prep skills while preparing Chicken Tinga Tostados and Mexican Charro Beans. YUM!
Chicken Tinga Tostados
• 1 Tablespoon olive oil
• 3 medium onions, thinly sliced
• 1 clove garlic, chopped
• 1 ½ pounds shredded pre-cooked chicken meat (from rotisserie chicken or leftovers)
• 15 oz can diced tomatoes (can use the ones with chiles if you like it spicy!)
• 1 (8 ounce) jar of salsa (your level of spiciness!)
• 1 teaspoon cumin (mild), ancho powder (medium) or chipotle powder (spicy)
• 8 tostada shells
– Can be purchased pre-made from grocery store
-You can use corn tortillas and bake them in the oven (spray with oil on both sides,
bake 4-5 minutes at 350F each side until slightly browned )
-You can serve it taco style using the taco shells/fajita-sized tortillas of your choice
• ½ cup sour cream (squeezable is easiest)
• Shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
• Fresh cilantro leaves
• salt and pepper to taste
Mexican Charro Beans
• 4 strips bacon, chopped (optional)
• 2 cloves garlic, chopped
• 4 medium fresh plum tomatoes, chopped
• 2 medium onions, chopped
• 1 medium green pepper, chopped
• 1 (12 ounce) can beer (chef’s choice) or 1 ½ cups low-sodium chicken stock
• 2 cans (or 3 cups cooked) pinto beans
• 1⁄2 bunch fresh cilantro stems, chopped
• 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped (or use Anaheim or Poblano for less spicy)
• salt and pepper, optional, to taste
GiGi’s Kitchen is designed to emphasize the importance of health and wellness through nutrition education, kitchen safety, food preparation, social activities and a shared meal/snack. Under the guidance of program leaders, participants will learn about and progress through skills including measurements, food handling, knife skills, ingredient identification, palette expansion, and nutrition. Participants will be introduced to various cooking techniques. The GiGi’s Kitchen program will build participants self-esteem and self-confidence through nutrition and wellness!
Link to the recipe here: *insert link to recipe here*
RSVP below to let us know you will be joining us for GiGi’s Kitchen Adult, check your inbox for more details.
Directions for Participants to join GoToMeeting click Here.
RSVP HERE: Kitchen 5/5