To all GiGi’s Playhouse Little Rock family and friends:
You have probably heard by now that COVID-19, or novel coronavirus, has arrived in Arkansas. GiGi’s Playhouse is run by a board of managers, a site director, and volunteers who absolutely understand your concerns, and we are taking precautions to protect our visitors.
What are we doing?
- GiGi’s Playhouse Little Rock will continue to be open during its regular hours. Programs will also continue. We will update you if circumstances require us to cancel a program or temporarily close for the safety of our visitors and volunteers.
- We are following flu and COVID-19 precautions from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
- We will start using screening measures to ensure that no one comes in to the Playhouse with a fever or COVID-like symptoms.
- We are sterilizing Playhouse surfaces, including toys, often.
- We will post hand-washing guidance posters around the Playhouse to help remind visitors to regularly wash their hands.
- We are training our volunteers how to prevent the spread of germs.
- We are asking our volunteers, if they are sick, to stay home.
We have also decided to postpone our “I Have a Voice” Gala until it is safe to host a large event. This is our most important fundraiser of the year, but we made this decision to protect our guests, volunteers, and families. Despite postponing the event, we are still actively making plans for the Gala, and we’re still accepting sponsorships.
What can you do when you visit the Playhouse?
- Use hand sanitizer before and after signing in.
- Avoid close contact with others.
- Please cough into your elbow or a tissue, not into your hands.
- Avoid touching your face, mouth, and eyes.
- Wash your hands before you touch any food and always after you go to the bathroom, cough, or sneeze.
- Please stay home if you have:
- symptoms of diarrhea, runny nose (colored discharge), or vomiting within the past 24 hours
- temperature over 101 degrees within the past 24 hours
- persistent cough
GiGi’s Playhouse Little Rock Board of Managers