Jeans for Genes!
What is Jeans for Genes?
A third copy of the 21st chromosome results in Down syndrome. We will honor these genes by paying to wear jeans at work!
How does it work?
Any company can participate! Just notify employees that a $10 minimum donation will allow him/her to wear jeans to work for one special day. Those funds go directly to help open the doors of GiGi’s Playhouse Houston!
What if you already wear jeans to work?
- You can still participate in raising awareness and acceptance on 3/21. If co-workers wish to support us by donating $10 to GiGi’s Playhouse Houston, we would be honored.
How do I get this started at my company?
- If your company has a community outreach team or local leadership team, approach them with the idea. If not, pass out this flyer, send an email, and start spreading the word!
How is the money collected?
- Supporters can go to https://gigisplayhouse.org/houston/support-us/ to donate their $10.
My company matches charitable donations – can they match this?
- Well, your company is one of our favorites! YES! The Houston Playhouse EIN is 20-0058563 and our address for tax purposes is 2350 W Higgins Rd., Hoffman Estates, IL 60169. Contact us at Houston@gigisplayhouse.org if you have any questions.
Can we be acknowledged for participating?
- YES! Please send us photos of everyone who is rocking their Jeans for Down syndrome and we will post it to our Facebook page recognizing you and your company.
Thank you to our wonderful Jeans for Genes supporters!
Pearson Middle School (Frisco, TX)
Oppenheimer & Co. Inc.
SimpsonThacher& Bartlett LLP