Please note all times are listed in the Central Daylight Time Zone
For more instructions on how to log into the live classes click here
GiGi's Playhouse Hoffman Estates • 2350 West Higgins Road, Hoffman Estates, IL 60169
GiGi’s Kitchen – Cooking @ 11 am CST
March 5 @ 11:00 am - 11:45 am
This program is recommended for ages all ages.
Shari and Heather from GiGi’s Playhouse Hoffman Estates are excited to see you all!
- ¾ cup uncooked long grain rice
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 ½ cups water
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 4 cups chopped fresh kale (tough stems removal)
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- Lime wedges, optional
- Additional chili sauce, optional
GiGi’s Kitchen is designed to emphasize the importance of health and wellness through nutrition education, kitchen safety, food preparation, social activities and a shared meal/snack. Under the guidance of program leaders, participants will learn about and progress through skills including measurements, food handling, knife skills, ingredient identification, palette expansion, and nutrition. Participants will be introduced to various cooking techniques. GiGi’s Kitchen program will build participants self-esteem and self-confidence through nutrition and wellness!
RSVP below to let us know you will be joining us, check your inbox for more details.
Directions for Participants to join GoToMeeting Click Here.