Please note all times are listed in the Central Daylight Time Zone
For more instructions on how to log into the live classes click here
GiGi's Playhouse Hoffman Estates • 2350 West Higgins Road, Hoffman Estates, IL 60169
GiGi’s Kitchen – Cooking @ 11 am CST
February 19 @ 11:00 am - 11:45 am
This program is recommended for ages all ages.
Shari and Heather from GiGi’s Playhouse Hoffman Estates are excited to see you all! Pasta e Fagioli is on the menu for this week!!
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 ½ cups chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup diced carrots (about 2 medium)
- 1 cup diced celery (about 3 stalks)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 (8oz) cans tomato sauce
- 2 cans (14.5oz) low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup water, then more as desired
- 1 can (15oz) diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¾ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried marjoram
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup dry ditalini pasta
- 1 can (15oz) dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15oz) great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- Finely shredded Romano or Parmesan cheese, for serving
- 3 T minced fresh parsley
GiGi’s Kitchen is designed to emphasize the importance of health and wellness through nutrition education, kitchen safety, food preparation, social activities and a shared meal/snack. Under the guidance of program leaders, participants will learn about and progress through skills including measurements, food handling, knife skills, ingredient identification, palette expansion, and nutrition. Participants will be introduced to various cooking techniques. GiGi’s Kitchen program will build participants self-esteem and self-confidence through nutrition and wellness!
RSVP below to let us know you will be joining us, check your inbox for more details.
Directions for Participants to join GoToMeeting Click Here.