Please note all times are listed in the Central Daylight Time Zone
For more instructions on how to log into the live classes click here
GiGi's Playhouse Hoffman Estates • 2350 West Higgins Road, Hoffman Estates, IL 60169
GiGi’s Kitchen Adult @ 5ET/4CT/2PT
April 21 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
This program serves adults 18+
The GiGi’s Playhouse Annapolis cooking team are excited to see you all! Today we will be working on our food prep skills while preparing Spring Pasta Primavera!
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small bunch asparagus (look for thin stems) ends trimmed & cut into smaller pieces
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup zucchini, cut in half moons
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small shallot (1 tablespoon) diced or the whites of 2 scallions diced
- 2 roma tomato, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3/4 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese + 1 tablespoon at the end
- 8 leaves fresh basil sliced thin
- 1 –8 oz bag egg pasta pappardelle preferred (you can find at Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods) or egg noodle pasta
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 spring onions (scallions -green parts) chopped for garnish
GiGi’s Kitchen is designed to emphasize the importance of health and wellness through nutrition education, kitchen safety, food preparation, social activities and a shared meal/snack. Under the guidance of program leaders, participants will learn about and progress through skills including measurements, food handling, knife skills, ingredient identification, palette expansion, and nutrition. Participants will be introduced to various cooking techniques. The GiGi’s Kitchen program will build participants self-esteem and self-confidence through nutrition and wellness!
RSVP below to let us know you will be joining us for GiGi’s Kitchen Adult, check your inbox for more details.
Directions for Participants to join GoToMeeting click Here.