Please note all times are listed in the Central Daylight Time Zone
For more instructions on how to log into the live classes click here
GiGi's Playhouse Hoffman Estates • 2350 West Higgins Road, Hoffman Estates, IL 60169
GiGi’s Kitchen Adult @ 5 pm ET/4 pm CT/2 pm PT
June 16 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
This program serves adults 18+
The GiGi’s Playhouse Annapolis cooking team are excited to see you all! Today we will be working on our food prep skills while preparing Chicken Piccata and Strawberry Shortcake Trifles!
- 4 chicken breasts pounded to about ½ inch thick or cut in half crosswise
- ½ cup flour
- 1 lemon, zested
- 2 tablespoons olive oil more as needed
- salt & pepper to taste
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 ½ tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ lemon juiced (about 1 ½ tablespoons)
- ½ cup white wine or chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons capers drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
Strawberry Shortcake Trifles
Serves 3 to 4
- 1-pint heavy cream
- 1 to 2 Tbsp confectionary sugar
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Nutella (room temp)-optional
- 1 pound cake or angel food cake, cubed about 3 cups
- 2 cups sliced or chopped strawberries
GiGi’s Kitchen is designed to emphasize the importance of health and wellness through nutrition education, kitchen safety, food preparation, social activities and a shared meal/snack. Under the guidance of program leaders, participants will learn about and progress through skills including measurements, food handling, knife skills, ingredient identification, palette expansion, and nutrition. Participants will be introduced to various cooking techniques. The GiGi’s Kitchen program will build participants self-esteem and self-confidence through nutrition and wellness!
RSVP below to let us know you will be joining us for GiGi’s Kitchen Adult, check your inbox for more details.
Directions for Participants to join GoToMeeting click Here.