Please note all times are listed in the Central Daylight Time Zone
For more instructions on how to log into the live classes click here
GiGi's Playhouse Hoffman Estates • 2350 West Higgins Road, Hoffman Estates, IL 60169
GiGi’s Kitchen Adult @ 5 pm ET/ 4 pm CT/ 2 pm PT
September 22 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
This program serves adults 18+
The GiGi’s Playhouse Annapolis cooking team are excited to see you all! Today we will be working on our food prep skills while preparing Fettucine Alfredo with Roasted Shrimp!
Fettucine Alfredo with Roasted Shrimp
Ingredients for Roast Shrimp:
- 1 lb. shrimp de-vined and shells removed
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil
- 4 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1 Teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
Ingredients For Sauce
- Kosher salt
- 1 lb. fettuccine pasta
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1/2 c. (1 stick) butter
- 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for sprinkling
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
- Place shrimp in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Add butter, paprika, garlic powder, basil, season with salt and pepper, gently toss to combine.
- Place into oven and roast just until pink, firm and cooked through, about 6-8 minutes. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Set to the side
- For pasta: in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions. Reserve about 1 cup of pasta water then drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, add cream and butter. Cook until butter is melted, and the cream is bubbling. Whisk in parmesan and season with salt and pepper. Let sauce simmer 1 to 2 minutes to thicken slightly. Sauce will still be thin but will thicken more as sauce cools and once pasta is added.
- Add cooked pasta and toss until coated in sauce. If the sauce is too thick, add reserved pasta water, 1 tablespoon at a time. Add in the shrimp and toss. Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
GiGi’s Kitchen is designed to emphasize the importance of health and wellness through nutrition education, kitchen safety, food preparation, social activities and a shared meal/snack. Under the guidance of program leaders, participants will learn about and progress through skills including measurements, food handling, knife skills, ingredient identification, palette expansion, and nutrition. Participants will be introduced to various cooking techniques. The GiGi’s Kitchen program will build participants self-esteem and self-confidence through nutrition and wellness!
RSVP below to let us know you will be joining us for GiGi’s Kitchen Adult, check your inbox for more details.
Directions for Participants to join GoToMeeting click Here.