Please note all times are listed in the Central Daylight Time Zone
For more instructions on how to log into the live classes click here
GiGi's Playhouse Hoffman Estates • 2350 West Higgins Road, Hoffman Estates, IL 60169
GiGi’s Kitchen Adult @ 4pm CST
April 14 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
This program serves adults 18+
The GiGi’s Playhouse Annapolis cooking team are excited to see you all! Today we will be working on our food prep skills while preparing Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas!
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1/2 of a medium onion, diced
• 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 cup corn kernels (I used frozen)
• 1 rotisserie chicken shredded (mine yielded 3 1/2 cups)
• 1 1/2 cups (12 oz) salsa verde, divided
• 1/2 cup cream cheese, room temp (can substitute Greek yogurt or sour cream)
• Salt & pepper to taste
• 6-8 (10-inch) flour tortilla (can use corn tortillas)
• ¾ cup shredded cheese
• (optional) 1 can black beans, drained
• Crema (sour cream mixed with hot sauce and a splash of water or lime juice)
Stovetop Black Beans
• 1 14 ounce can of black beans (do not drain)
• 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
• Juice of 1 lime
• 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
• Salt to taste
GiGi’s Kitchen is designed to emphasize the importance of health and wellness through nutrition education, kitchen safety, food preparation, social activities and a shared meal/snack. Under the guidance of program leaders, participants will learn about and progress through skills including measurements, food handling, knife skills, ingredient identification, palette expansion, and nutrition. Participants will be introduced to various cooking techniques. The GiGi’s Kitchen program will build participants self-esteem and self-confidence through nutrition and wellness!
RSVP below to let us know you will be joining us for GiGi’s Kitchen Adult, check your inbox for more details.
Directions for Participants to join GoToMeeting click Here.