Please note all times are listed in the Central Daylight Time Zone
For more instructions on how to log into the live classes click here
GiGi's Playhouse Hoffman Estates • 2350 West Higgins Road, Hoffman Estates, IL 60169
GiGi’s Kitchen Adult @ 4 pm CST
March 3 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
This program serves adults 18+
The GiGi’s Playhouse Annapolis cooking team are excited to see you all! Today we will be working on our food prep skills while preparing Chicken Cacciatore. YUM!
• 6 chicken thighs bone in, skin on, trimmed of excess fat
• Kosher salt and black pepper (optional)
• 2 Tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
• 1 small yellow onion, chopped
• 2 celery ribs, chopped
• 1 red or green (or combination) bell pepper, chopped
• 8 ounces mushrooms (white or baby bella), cleaned and sliced
• 3 garlic cloves, minced or 2 teaspoons of jarred minced garlic
• 1 tsp oregano
• 3 sprigs fresh thyme or ½ teaspoon dried thyme
• 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley more for later
• Pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
• 1 cup red wine or chicken broth
• 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
• Cooked Pasta, rice or crusty bread
GiGi’s Kitchen is designed to emphasize the importance of health and wellness through nutrition education, kitchen safety, food preparation, social activities and a shared meal/snack. Under the guidance of program leaders, participants will learn about and progress through skills including measurements, food handling, knife skills, ingredient identification, palette expansion, and nutrition. Participants will be introduced to various cooking techniques. The GiGi’s Kitchen program will build participants self-esteem and self-confidence through nutrition and wellness!
RSVP below to let us know you will be joining us for GiGi’s Kitchen Adult, check your inbox for more details.
Directions for Participants to join GoToMeeting click Here.