Please note all times are listed in the Central Daylight Time Zone
For more instructions on how to log into the live classes click here
GiGi's Playhouse Hoffman Estates • 2350 West Higgins Road, Hoffman Estates, IL 60169
GiGi’s Kitchen Adult @ 4 pm CST
February 17 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
This program serves adults 18+
The GiGi’s Playhouse Annapolis cooking team are excited to see you all! Today we will be working on our food prep skills while preparing Salisbury Steak and Sweet Potato Mash. YUM!
- 1/2 onion (from the fridge), grated
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs (or 1/3 cup ordinary breadcrumbs)
- 1 lb ground beef (mince)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tsp Dijon mustard OR 2 tsp dry mustard powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 5 oz cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp flour (all-purpose / plain)
- 2 cups beef broth / stock
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped parsley for garnish, optional.
Sweet Potato Mash
- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup or honey or brown sugar
GiGi’s Kitchen is designed to emphasize the importance of health and wellness through nutrition education, kitchen safety, food preparation, social activities and a shared meal/snack. Under the guidance of program leaders, participants will learn about and progress through skills including measurements, food handling, knife skills, ingredient identification, palette expansion, and nutrition. Participants will be introduced to various cooking techniques. The GiGi’s Kitchen program will build participants self-esteem and self-confidence through nutrition and wellness!
Link to the recipe here: *insert link to recipe here*
RSVP below to let us know you will be joining us for GiGi’s Kitchen Adult, check your inbox for more details.
Directions for Participants to join GoToMeeting click Here.