Please note all times are listed in the Central Daylight Time Zone
For more instructions on how to log into the live classes click here
GiGi's Playhouse Hoffman Estates • 2350 West Higgins Road, Hoffman Estates, IL 60169
GiGi’s Kitchen – Cooking @ 12 pm ET/11 am CT/9 am PT
August 13 @ 11:00 am - 11:45 am
Shari and Heather from GiGi’s Playhouse Hoffman Estates are excited to see you all!
Today we are making Grandma’s Taco Recipe!
- 1 lb ground beef, turkey or your favorite meat alternative
- ½ small onion chopped fine
- 1 package of taco seasoning
- 1 jar of your favorite taco sauce (the secret ingredient)
- 1 Roma tomato diced
- Shredded lettuce
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Your favorite tortillas
- Chop the onion and cook with the meat until the meat is fully cooked and the onions are soft.
- Add the taco seasoning and ¼ cup of water. Stir well and cook for a few minutes until the water is gone.
- Add the secret ingredient – taco sauce and cook for about 5 more minutes
- To make a taco:
- Warm the tortilla
- Add a scoop of meat
- Top with lettuce, tomato and cheese
GiGi’s Kitchen is designed to emphasize the importance of health and wellness through nutrition education, kitchen safety, food preparation, social activities and a shared meal/snack. Under the guidance of program leaders, participants will learn about and progress through skills including measurements, food handling, knife skills, ingredient identification, palette expansion, and nutrition. Participants will be introduced to various cooking techniques. GiGi’s Kitchen program will build participants self-esteem and self-confidence through nutrition and wellness!
RSVP below to let us know you will be joining us, check your inbox for more details.
Directions for Participants to join GoToMeeting Click Here