Down syndrome is the largest chromosomal disability in our country; however, it remains the least funded. From a prenatal diagnosis to career skills, we make a lifetime commitment to remain by our family’s side, to empower them with all the tools their child will need to succeed.
This year has been challenging for so many reasons and we continue to be here for our families who need us the most. We want to recognize and thank everyone who has rolled up their sleeves and helped us create innovative ways that have allowed us to continue to meet the needs of our families.
We continue to need your support to help us provide:
- Safe in-person & virtual interactive programming like LMNOP & Destination Discovery
- FREE therapeutic & educational services
- Fun & important life-skills learning like gluten-free cooking classes
- Recruitment and training for literacy & math tutors
- Upgraded technological aids to support virtual learning like iPads
“GiGi’s has been a constant and safe place for us…even though it has been virtual we have enjoyed the consistency of something to look forward to. Nataley has loved seeing the familiar faces of the volunteers at GiGi’s and the familiarity of the content that we love and enjoy via the computer (i.e. LMNOP and Destination Discovery). While we miss the gift of all being in-person, we are glad to have GiGi’s available all day, every day now.” —Nataley’s mom, Maryam
We could not have done this without YOU! Shutting down our Playhouse earlier this year was devastating for all of us. But through it all GiGi’s Playhouse Fox Valley continued to provide safe, fun, and purposeful programs for individuals with Down syndrome. It is important that we continue to provide the comfort and support to all our families no matter how challenging the circumstances.
Your generous donation has impact. Our purposeful programming partners with your dollars and creates a significant, positive social change in the lives of the individuals and families that GiGi’s Playhouse serves every day. The impact you make when you give to GiGi’s…
- Creates opportunities for parent networking and provides educational tools
- Provides specific, therapeutic, or educational learning opportunities to support development of speech-language, social, and motor skills tailored to addressing the universal challenges of individuals with Down syndrome
- Enhances an individual’s esteem by providing a fun and social karaoke night with friends
- Brings awareness to equity and inclusion in the job market for a teen with Down syndrome ready & excited for their first job
- Provides nutritional tools and resources that bring independence for a young adult living on their own for the first time
You can continue to support our mission by making us a part of your year-end giving for 2020. Your generous donation will help us to continue to provide FREE services and programming to families across Fox Valley who rely on us to ALWAYS be here.