GiGi's Playhouse Fox Valley • 4024 Fox Valley Center Dr, Aurora, IL 60504
Teen Tastic (ages 13-17) In-Person
May 20 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
Program Leader: Tanya and Jim Jarvis
Program Description: Focuses on building social skills with friends without Down syndrome by participating in team-based activities in a casual and fun setting. Skill development includes understanding compromise, turn-taking and problem-solving abilities.
- Increase social skills, with a focus on group participation and increasing leisure activity options
- Increase language development with a focus on appropriateness, maintaining conversation and non-verbal social language
- Increase gross motor skills, with a focus on general health, fitness (strength and balance) and awareness of personal space
- Increase fine motor skills and self-help skills through participation in a variety of activities.
Theme: Minute to Win It
In addition, the family will receive a Best of All book to build knowledge and:
- Understand the purpose behind all of GiGi’s Playhouse programs.
- Implement activities at home to build skills and increase language development.
RSVPs are required.
Please RSVP at the link below by 12pm the day before the event to let us know you are coming!
If you have any questions, please contact us at 630-778-7529 or email@example.com.
Are you interested in being a program leader or host family for this program? Please contact Katie at firstname.lastname@example.org or (630)778-PLAY (7529) for more information.