GiGi's Playhouse Fox Valley • 4024 Fox Valley Center Dr, Aurora, IL 60504
Social Skills for Young Learners
August 12, 2020 @ 3:30 pm - 4:00 pm
Social Skills for Young Learners- virtual
Social Skills for Young Learners focuses on targeting functional pragmatic skills. Social learning will be provided through play with a focus on a variety of targets including: social communication, emotions, eye contact and big and small problem solving skills. The group will promote peer to peer interaction in a fun, friendly and welcoming environment. Family members are encouraged to participate in the program, caregivers will play an active role in the program.
Social Skills for Young Learners supports the development of individuals with Down syndrome, with goals to achieve the following:
- respond to greetings/farewells
- attends to the speaker
- appropriately gains attention from an adult
- initiates interactions
- responds to questions
- maintains appropriate space
- takes turns in play
- takes turns in conversation
- expresses feelings
- expresses approval/satisfaction
In addition, the family will receive a Best of All book to build knowledge and:
- Understand the purposeful progression of skills in children ages three through five.
- Implement activities at home to build skills and increase social skill development.
RSVP at the link below to let us know you are coming!
Are you interested in being a program host family for this program? Please contact Katie at firstname.lastname@example.org or (630)778-PLAY (7529) for more information.