GiGi's Playhouse Fox Valley • 4024 Fox Valley Center Dr, Aurora, IL 60504
Leaps & Bounds VIRTUAL
October 23, 2020 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
Leaps & Bounds- virtual
Leaps & Bounds is a play-based program for 3-5 year olds that focuses on the development of large and small muscle groups. Children will participate in fun and engaging activities that require movement and interaction with their environment. Family members are a key participant in this program and will encourage their child to reach his or her Best of All throughout each session.
Leaps & Bounds supports therapeutic-based development of individuals with Down syndrome, with goals to achieve the following:
- Increase fine motor skills, including visual motor skills.
- Increase gross motor skills, with a focus on general strengthening, balance and navigating obstacles.
- Increase social skills, with a focus on eye contact, imaginary play and simple interactions with peers.
- Increase language development, with a focus on following directions & communication.
In addition, the family will receive a Best of All book to build knowledge and:
- Understand the purposeful progression of skills in children ages three through five.
- Implement activities at home to build skills and increase language development.
RSVP at the link below to let us know you are coming!
Are you interested in being a program host family for this program? Please contact Katie at firstname.lastname@example.org or (630)778-PLAY (7529) for more information.