GiGi's Playhouse Fox Valley • 4024 Fox Valley Center Dr, Aurora, IL 60504
Fantastic Friends (ages 18+) In-Person
May 27 @ 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm
Program Description: supports the development of social skills and language through peer to peer interaction in a casual fun setting. Along with their peers without Down syndrome, adult participants participate in the planning of activities so that group activities are based on personal interests. During Fantastic Friends, the group may participate in active games, dancing or exploring their local community by participating in outings and events
- increase social skills, with a focus on group participation and increasing leisure activity options
- increase language development with a focus on appropriateness, maintaining conversation, and non-verbal social cues
- increase gross motor skills, with a focus on general health, fitness (strength and balance) and awareness of personal space
- increase fine motor skills and self-help skills through participation in a variety of activities
Theme: Feed My Starving Children
In addition, the family will receive a Best of All book to build knowledge and:
- Understand the purpose behind all of GiGi’s Playhouse programs.
- Implement activities at home to build skills and increase language development.
RSVPs are required.
Please RSVP at the link below by 12pm the day before the event to let us know you are coming!
If you have any questions, please contact us at 630-778-7529 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you interested in being a program leader or host family for this program? Please contact Katie at email@example.com or (630)778-PLAY (7529) for more information.