GiGi's Playhouse – Detroit
- This event has passed.
GiGiFIT Adult (18+) 6pm
November 25 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 6:00pm on Monday and Wednesday, repeating until December 11, 2019
Our FREE GiGiFIT programs combine physical therapy with a strong fitness focus and an ultimate goal of success and improved movement. GiGiFIT was created in collaboration with by skilled Physical Therapists who work specifically with individuals with Down syndrome.
- GiGiFIT Adult – Introduces the key movements (MMPT Principles) of foundational exercises, hip strengthening exercises, and vestibular/balance exercises, making them successful to implement and practice at any stage of life!
- Provide individuals with Down syndrome with a road map for purposeful, specific, and successful movement across their lifetime!
- Physical Therapy Goals: Strength, Endurance, Joint Stability, Balance, Coordination, Sequencing, Independent Practice, Lifetime of Participation
- Improve Fitness: Strength, Endurance, Power, Stamina
- Improve Balance and Coordination: Joint Stability, Posture, Movement Control
The registration for this program is now closed. Stay tuned for our Winter 2020 session enrollment!